Presentation, presentation, presentation is vital to every finished dish. . . the taste of the dish is very important but the presentation speaks a lot also. Setting down a creative, well laid-out dish will give your eager diners the opportunity to fall for your meal before they’ve even taken a bite and a great looking meal should taste great too because we first see the food before we get the chance to taste it.
There are many shops that carries a wide range of exclusive dinnerware, all designed to make your food look as good as possible. From large serving plates for your risotto to small, angled bowls perfect for a ball of your homemade lychee sorbet or Jamaican tiramisu, beautiful dishes make your food look great
Once you’ve got your culinary masterpiece and your perfectly matched plates, how do you create the best presentation?
Superstar chef Gordon Ramsey, in an issue of the BBC’s Olive magazine, offers this advice:
- > Keep your presentation clean and simple.
- > Never go for looks rather than flavour, this includes the use of herbs as a garnish, unless they go with the meal you are cooking.
- > Use an odd number of ingredients on the plate to avoid symmetry
- > Add hot sauces right at the end, as they’ll affect the appearance of the other components on the plate
- > Avoid moving things around once they’re on the plate, as this will simply make a mess
- > Visualise what your dish will look like before you start arranging it on the plate
- > Don’t clutter the plate
- > Cut things in half if they look too big in relation to the other components on the plate
- > And, of course, don’t serve the food cold because you spent so long dressing it.
By simply giving some consideration to the presentation of the meal as you plan it, and to the plate on which it will be served, you’ll be creating your own innovative masterpieces every time.
Here are some lovely tableware that can help to make your presentation very pleasing to the eye and set your food off to a tasty start.
We all love beautiful displays and beautiful things and Christmas is the perfect time when entertaining, having friends and family over to enjoy the beautiful things we want to share.
A Very Merry Christmas To All From Andreafay Interior Design and Andreafay Coffee.
ANDREAFAY is an interior designer and coffee importer that can be contacted through her web site: www.andreafay.co.uk, eMail:email@example.com and Skype: andrea.mundell